LAKE PUCKAWAY PROTECTION AND REHABILITATION DISTRICT
Tucked Away—Marquette, WI
April 27, 2011 1:00 PM
The meeting was called to order by Secretary, Chairman Melsack, at 1:10 PM.
The certification of the open meeting law was met.
District Commissioners in attendance were Phil Malsack (Chairman); Clayton Masters, Treasurer; Roger Swanke, Rich Pergande, Randy Schmidt and Paul Gettelman, Secretary, Absent: Margaret Whirry
Guests In attendance was Andrew Sabai, Lake Puckaway Coordinator. Brian Zimmermann
Secretary's Report: Comm. Swanke moved to approve the March 23, 2011 minutes as read by the secretary; 2nd Comm. Schmidt Motion passed
Treasurer’s Report: Comm. Masters reviewed the Treasures report 1-1-11 through 4-27-11. Comm. Gettelman made a motion to approve the treasures report as read. 2nd by Comm. Pergande. Comm. Gettelman & Swanke will audit the Treasures records prior to the annual meeting.
District Members input: Brian Zimmermann was in attendance but had no specific comments/input at this time.
1. EPS Monitoring Plan, Derek Kanvenaugh and Ted Johnson
2. Sonic Fish Tagging for 2011 Carp Study—Ron Bruch: (Ron Bruch wasn’t in attendance) No discussion on that at this time.
3. Report on Hatchery operations: Comm. Gettelman and Swanke gave a summary of the Hatchery operation since the initial netting, spawning and eggs in the hatchery. We will place some fry on the east end of the lake. The location was discussed and determined that we keep it at the same location. We will put in an electrical and water extension from the power and water. We will also put in ¾” stone in the fish camp to bring everything up. Comm. Pergande will get an air tank. Comm. Masters, unloaded 90 gallons of distilled water at the hatchery prior to the meeting.
4. Report on Commercial Fishing Contract: Jedd Monsoor got the commercial Fishing contract for $25,000. We need to have a copy of the contract with the commercial fisherman. We are not sure if this is for 1 year or 3 years.
5. Any other new business: Didn’t find a boat as of yet. We need at least a 16’ flat with a motor and trailer for under $4000. Comm. Malsack felt that we needed to up our expense for the boat to $6000. Comm. Malsack made a motion to amend our boat/motor/trailer purchase amount to not exceed $6000. 2nd Comm. Swanke. Comm. Masters nay the rest yea
1. 2012 Budget Recommendations: See attached Budget report
2. Annual Meeting Agenda: See budget report
3. Newsletter Articles: Andrew Sabi, Phil, Derek, Dave,
4. Any other new business Comm. Masters brought up the web page and get our stuff on the web as fast as possible. Comm. Masters told to Adam Malsack to bill us for any work he does on the web page. He sent a bill for $100 for the 2 hrs of work he did on the web. No motion is needed to pay a bill.
Comm. Swanke moved to adjourn the meeting. 2nd by Comm. Pergande. Motion Passed. The meeting was adjourned at 3:15 PM
Paul Gettelman, Secretary
Documents to accompany the minutes in the official record:
Treasures report 1-1-11 through 4-27-11.
Walleye Hatchery Schedule—expense sheet
[As with all minutes, these are in draft form until approved at the next LPPRD meeting.]