Lake Puckaway Protection and Rehabilitation District Meeting

August 14, 2014††† 1:00PM

Marquette Town Hall

The meeting was called to order by Chairman Malsack at 1:45 PM. The meeting started late due to the length of the annual lake tour.

The Certification of the open meeting law was met with it being posted on the web district web site and other areas around the lake.

District Commissioners in attendance were: Phil Malsack (Chairman); Clayton Masters (Treasurer); Paul Gettelman (Secretary); Roger Swanke; Randy Schmidt, and Rich Pergande: It was note that David Rickter will be the representative from Green Lake County.

Guests: Andrew Sabai (Lake Puckaway Coordinator)

District Members in attendance

Secretaryís Minutes:††† A motion by Comm. Masters and 2nd by Comm. Schmidt to accept the minutes as reviewed, emailed and posted.Motion Passed

Treasurers Report:Comm. Masters gave a summary of the Treasurerís Report from 1/1/2014 thru 8/14/2014.Comm. Swanke made a motion to accept the Treasurerís report as presented, 2nd by Comm. Pergande. ††Motion Passed. Paid bill for fisheries analysis center for the carp optics study.The results are to be sent to Andrew and Dave Barts.Andrew will forward the results to comm. Gettelman to be added to the minutes (it will also be forwarded to the other comm.)

District Members input;

Comm. Masters made a motion to cover lunch expenses ($69.95) for the comm. in attendance at the lake tour.2nd comm. Schmidt.†† Motion Passed.Boat and gas for the lake tour was furnished by Chairman Malsack.

Old Business:

A)   Report of Andrew Sabai, Lake Coordinator:Andrew noted that he is fixing the boat trailer and using his boat at his expense and used as in-kind towards the grant.Gas will be paid by the District when he uses his boat.†† The district motor on the boat is acting up and Andrew was directed to take it to Johnsonís in Montello to get fixed.Andrew noted that we should have a district member on any meetings that he has regarding to lake projects.Some of the projects that are going to be proposed to the Lake District should have some input from one of the members of the board.It was suggested that Andrew email the group to see who would be interested in attending a strategy meeting for the planning.It was noted that any work on the lake that is being done should be shared with the Lake District/ Lake Coordinator as to what is going on.Andrew will make sure that he will let some of the outside individuals contact us when a project is being done. (Pat Kilby-Marquette Co, Derek Kavanaugh, Jared Sidle-DNR permits).

B)   Discussion of Lake Tour.Good Tour; Cane bed in front of Marquette is thinning out.

C)   Any other old business:None

 

8. New Business

A)Preliminary discussion of projects to fund for 2015 calendar year:Andrew noted that for the past 4 years he has used the grant as his guidelines for his job description.His question is what we want the Lake Manager to do. Chairman Malsack asked that Andrew give us what he sees that should be done on the lake in addition to writing grants for lake projects.One thing would be to update the Lake Management Plan.Andrew noted that he may get a grant to update the lake Management Plan.Andrew will put together what the DNR wants regarding the water level with a fixed crest dam.He will have a model for if there was a fixed crest dam.Some suggestions were given to Andrew.He is to have his outline to us by the next meeting.

Comm. Masters asked Andrew if he had any big bill coming in.;Only the repair of the motor.Only other major expenses is the Carp reimbursement.

B) ††Discussion of information received regarding Princeton Dam Upgrade:Chairman Malsack gave a summary of the dam report by Tonya Lourigan DNR on the safety of the dam.It is well below (less than 1%) any chance of the dam causing any flooding.The head DNR dam person, Brett Binder said that it is not a matter of something being done with the Princeton dam, but when it will be done.The only reasonable alternative is a fixed crest dam with a fish ladder with a gate.This is on the fast track to be getting done due to the roller water below the dam.

Comm. Masters brought a problem that we have with the cable at the dam.He handed out a drawing and photo of what we have now and what he is proposing to do.He is suggesting to move the cable base support from the tree11í.†† He suggested that we purchasing a self-retracting life line by Protecta Rebel for each life jacket.The line will be the 11í model.CommSwanke Made a motion to purchase 3 11í life line by Protecta Rebel for each life Jacketwith the approval from the Princeton Fire Chief.2nd by Comm Pergande.Motion Passed

 

Comm.Masters moved to adjourn the meeting; 2nd by Comm. Gettelman.†† Motion PassedMeeting adjourned at 3:30 PM

 

Respectfully submitted,

Paul Gettelman, LPPRD Secretary

 

Part of the official minutes will include:

Treasurerís Report 1/ 1 /2014ó8/14/2014

Agenda